Thrice.


It was the first day of my new school and the weather was so cold, and air so misty. A man, lean,  with dyed hair showed me my classroom. I found myself a seat, not too back or too front, an ambient space where I would not be exposed much. From my place I could see students filling in the other division. People came in and found their comfortable spaces. I sat watching the students as they filled in to the other classroom. I could see studious ones searching for seats in the front row and the back benchers finding their realm. Amidst all that chaos I saw a lean long shape of a girl. I saw a pair of gleaming eyes. The eyes were so wide. The egoistic me didn’t want to agree I fell for those eyes. Nevertheless, I couldn’t take my eyes off her.

...............

Ann was coming back from home after the vacations. I was waiting for her at the bus station. I was tired already when the bus arrived. It just went worse! we had to wait for her roommate. Ann and I hail from the same town and she was my best friend at the new school. A bus came as we stood there, and I saw a lean long girl come out. My eyes locked on to them instantly. A pair of gleaming, wide, beautiful eyes. ‘Ann, Who is she? Some friend of yours?’. ‘Hey genius we were waiting for her. She is my roommate. She’s in our batch at school, other division’.

...................

Peeking aside during the lecture at church, I just caught a glimpse of a pair of eyes, they were wide and they were gleaming (How I wished the speech went on for ever!). We walked out of the church and the girl walked along, not uttering a word. The eyes kept looking down. We were waiting for the others to join. 'Hi'. That was the sweetest voice I had ever heard.  'Hi'. ‘We have met before’. ‘Oh! Really?’

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shop By The Road.

And they called her 'Dayabhai'